If you are reading this...
...chances are you have a mission-critical project ready to roll, and you are looking to fill a UX expertise gap within your organization.
UX architecture is a niche multi-disciplinary competency that many organizations lack, while others may have resources that maintain legacy applications, but are not skilled in the methods and processes involved in modern UX.
I get engaged when a company's bottom-line is hurting because ineffective UX has a negative impact on its business performance and competitiveness. The problems may be:
- Low conversion and retention rates due to poor usability.
- The application does not easily adapt to meet changing business goals.
- Low customers/users satisfaction.
- Competitive pressures.
- All of the above and more.
In other cases, a company is developing its next generation enterprise-grade application, or is seeking market leadership in with a new product. Regardless of the case, management seeks my services for:
- Strategic management and stakeholders consulting.
- Scalable, device-agnostic UX architecture.
- Conceptualization and rapid prototyping.
- Road-mapping, and UX logistics.
- User research and validation testing.
- See all...
In over 15 years of practice, I have helped many organizations solve complex UX challenges and create successful user interfaces - on time and budget*
Given that an alarming number of software projects fail to attain their objectives, not to mention their schedule and budget, the dreaded * is really important to talk about up-front.